Monday, February 27, 2012

Another reason…


So I'm watching the news right now and it's pretty intense. As a follow story on a shooting in Ohio at Chardon High School the reporters are trying to find out what is going on. It is interesting to me that every few minutes they are mentioning looking for information from students and parents in the area via Twitter. I mean, these are professionals with the news on a daily basis and they are looking for information from the specific social media outlet, which some people like to criticize. These thoughts come on the heels of a conversation that I had this weekend with one of my friends who is in ministry. He sees little value in social media sites, as the doctor. I guess I can understand that a lot of peeps really don't understand twitter at this point; maybe that's even worse. My point is that just like anything else, social media stuff can be used for good or used for bad. I think it an instance like this, we see yet another reason for social media. Think about it, if one of your loved ones was involved with this incident you would want to know what was going on as well. I'm not saying this is the only way that we should get our information, but I think it does even a little justice to the good stuff that is offered through Twitter and other social media. Which leads me to the question that I have in my head, which is: do you have an account? I think you should especially if you are some kind of leader figure in a community or circle of the people. The more access people have to you and your organization, church, company or whatever, the better opportunity you have to distribute information. To be continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment