Monday, May 13, 2024

Leaders Adjust

The word of the day is “adjust.” This is one of the most important lessons I learned when I joined the Army. Talk about being frustrated. We would be set to do something, and then, at the last second, the world would fall apart, and then we would suddenly do something completely different. It was not ideal, to say the least. Then I talked to one of my buddies, and he told me that if I did not get used to this way of life, I would not make it. So, I adjusted.


"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face." -Mke Tyson


My question is: Where do you need to adjust in your life? What I do know is that we all need to make adjustments. It’s just a fact of life. As a leader, you will be put in situations that require you to change and adapt. In the Army, we call this "adjusting fire." And, as we see in the quote above from Mike Tyson, life is not always nice to us. So, I encourage you today to be ready for the unforeseen. It is not a matter of if but when. As leaders, we need to make changes when necessary so that our teams can have faith that we will get them through the tough stuff. Lead well.

No comments:

Post a Comment