Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Battle well...

Maybe it is just me, but I hold on to the losses in life sometimes more than I do the victories. I can still remember one of my last water polo games in high school. We really wanted to beat our rival school. It was a close game, but they ended up beating us. That loss still stings. I mean, come on, shouldn’t I be able to get rid of thoughts from so long ago? Maybe. But, the fact is that is part of who I am. I am a fighter.


We see in the Bible that Apostle Paul instructs young Timothy to hold on tightly, and give life his very best. And, Paul does this by giving him encouragement pointing back to his own life.

“Timothy, my son, I am giving you this command in keeping with the prophecies once made about you, so that by recalling them you may fight the battle well, holding on to faith and a good conscience, which some have rejected and so have suffered shipwreck with regard to the faith.” ~1 Timothy 1:18-19

And there you have it. We only have a couple of options in life. We can either move forward and give it our very best to fight the battle, or we can allow the trivial stuff to shipwreck us and make us crash and capsize. The choice is really up to each of us. My prayer for you today is that you search your heart and ask what it is that you need to do to fortify your heart to continue to fight the battles you will face. And I guess my question is, are you willing to battle well, and do it for the rest of your life?

Praying for you,

MO

No comments:

Post a Comment